Nine out of ten CKH residents pay their rent on time over Christmas. Everyone should do this. It’s only fair.

Make paying your rent part of your Christmas plans

You may have started your countdown to Christmas but please don’t ignore your rent account. Call our Income Management team on 01733 396483 as soon as you can to get everything in place on your rent account so that you can enjoy Christmas without the worry of possibly losing your home.

The team is here Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, and will be available until 7pm on Friday, 21 December.

Visit us at Customer Central on Bridge Street

We’ll be open throughout the Christmas period for you to:

Pay your rent by card or cash

to MyCKH to check your balance and recent transactions

Talk to a member of the team

Find all the details about Customer Central Christmas opening hours here.

Manage your account on MyCKH

Login at any time to check your current balance, view your transaction history for the last six months, and make an online payment.

To register click here.

You’ll need your 9 digit payment reference number which you can find on your payment card or a recent rent statement. Visit our Facebook page to watch a quick video guide on how to get started.

Did you know that our automated payment line is available 365 days a year, including Christmas Day and New Year’s Day?

Call 0330 088 3786 to pay by debit or credit card. You’ll need your payment reference number to hand.

Set up a Direct Debit today

That way your rent will be paid automatically every week or month, whichever you prefer.

Why not try one of our ‘how to pay online’ drop-in sessions? 11am - 12.30pm every Tuesday at Westwood Community Hub

Universal Credit

If you’ve made an application for Universal Credit, you need to contact us straight away. Call our Income Management team on 01733 396483

If you have questions about Universal Credit and what it means for you, visit our website for more information.

Protect yourself from
the unexpected

Home contents insurance doesn’t stop the worst from happening, but it does make it easier to deal with afterwards.

Having an insurance policy in place means that if you’re affected by an unexpected disaster, your insurance company will help pay to replace the contents of your home. Without the right insurance, you have to replace everything you need yourself.

Most policies help with day-to-day inconveniences too, like paying for the cost of replacing a lost set of keys or replacing something that’s been accidentally damaged.

CKH do not insure your furniture, belongings or other personal items within your home. You are responsible for arranging home contents insurance against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes and other household risks.

What does contents insurance cover?

Home contents insurance covers your personal belongings – in other words, anything not physically attached to the building. This generally includes:




Electrical goods.

Different policies offer different levels of cover but usually you’ll be covered against theft, fire and flood.

Some insurers will also cover you when you go abroad so if you lose or damage your belongings while you are away, you will be able to claim for them on your contents insurance.

Finding home contents insurance

The My Home scheme is an insurance package designed specifically with housing association residents in mind. It’s supported by the National Housing Federation and offers an affordable option to anyone living in a CKH home.

Find out more about the My Home scheme here or visit us at Customer Central.

There are hundreds of insurance companies in the UK and they all offer different options at different prices. It’s worth shopping around to make sure you get the best deal for you. Online price comparison websites are a great way to find the right option.

The average home has contents worth £35,000 and a contents insurance policy costs on average £139 a year.

Source: ABI, 2018

If you’d like to shop online for your insurance or utilities but don’t have the computer skills you need, try one of our Learn My Way courses.