We own more than 10,000 general needs homes across Peterborough and beyond and our team of 10 Neighbourhood Managers are responsible for managing them all. We want to make sure we’re offering you the best value for money and the most effective service we can so have spent the last few months reviewing our approach.
The Streets Ahead project is going to introduce some fantastic changes to the way we manage our homes because we know your home is more than just a roof over your head.
Our main aims are to:
- Provide you with a quality home that is well-managed and well-maintained
- Make sure our neighbourhoods are great places to live
- Offer the best service we can for all our residents so you can live life the way you want to.
Our Neighbourhood team is here to make sure that you’re sticking to the terms of your tenancy agreement by looking after your home and being respectful towards your neighbours as well as paying your rent on time. So we’ll be taking a tough stance on people who aren’t managing their tenancy but we’re also here to make sure that you can access support when you need it.
What does that mean for me?
- You’ll be seeing your Neighbourhood Manager out and about a lot more and they’ll be supported to solve issues locally
- We’ll stop some of our routine visits and start focussing our attention on residents who need more support or where we have concerns about a tenancy
- We’ll be spending money to improve communal areas and the appearance of our estates and blocks to make sure they are all safe, neat and tidy
- For tenants who need extra support, we’ll help to signpost them to other agencies
- New tenants will have a better understanding of their rights and responsibilities from day one
- We’ll be applying the same approach and service standard wherever you live – whether that’s inside or outside Peterborough
- We’ll be working on some specific projects to tackle issues such as sub-letting.