Shining Light on Unseen Stars
Another year, another glamorous night. We are proud to say that back in December we held our sixth annual Residents Awards night where we not only celebrated the personal achievements of our residents but also their commitment and hard work to making a positive difference to their communities.
- Special Recognition Award - Rita Young, for all her commitment and support in helping Cross Keys Homes over the past 15 years.
- Making a Difference Award - Loxley Social Committee, for their enthusiasm and charisma with a goal to give back to friends, neighbours and the wider community with the social events.
- Good Neighbour Award - Jennifer Birch, for her incredible commitment and kindness to helping others in her community.
- Young Achiever Award - Kaitlyn Warwick, from Ormiston Bushfield Academy for her outstanding achievements.
- Personal Achievement (age 25+) Award - Lee Lavery, for all his volunteering efforts whilst being a full-time carer.
- Community Volunteer Award - WestRaven Café Volunteers, for all their continuous efforts to create a friendly atmosphere where all WestRaven Café customers feel welcome to come and enjoy their delicious food.
- Resident Involvement Award - Stuart, Caroline and Jacob, who helped to secure a ‘closure order’ against a property in their community which was causing serious anti-social behaviour.
- Extra Care Contribution Award - Kingfisher Knitting Group, who have continuously been giving up their free time knitting teddies and blanket donations for local charities.
Claire Higgins, our Chief Executive, said: “Congratulations must go to all the worthy winners and runners-up. It was another fantastic evening with lots of residents being awarded for their hard work and commitment to making a positive difference. I know it’s always a challenge for the judging panel to choose the winners from the shortlisted nominees as there are so many heart-warming stories but it was fantastic to see residents receiving the recognition they deserve.”